This is a public group - everyone can add entries! Sign in
Jan 08, 2011
Here you can add Maps featuring official World Records www.guinnessworldrecords.com
17 entries published
Group Admin: Globetrotter
Sign in to write on the wall...
- Babbage Stratos Flight Aug 27, 2013•2 placemarks Take off was on: 26 August, 12:25 GMT Mission accomplished: 16:00 GMT Live images of the mission: http://ssdv.habhub.org
- Red Bull Stratos - Launch site in Roswell, New Mexico Feb 11, 2012•1 placemark The mission, Red Bull Stratos, will take renowned athlete Felix Baumgartner to at least 120,000 feet above the ground and attempt a freefall jump targeted to reach supersonic speeds. [Update October 2010] The Red Bull Stratos program has been stopped with immediate effect: http://redbullstratos.digitalnewsagency.com/story/view/4992-statement-regarding-red-bull-stratos [Update February 2012] The legal issues have been resolved and the project has been revived. Chances are that the jump will be performed in August 2012.
- Virgin Oceanic Oct 27, 2011•5 placemarks Over the course of 2012 and beyond, Virgin Oceanic’s one-person sub will journey to the deepest part of each of Earth’s five oceans. The first dive will be to the deepest place on the planet: the bottom of the Mariana Trench – 11 kilometers (7 mi) straight down. 5 Oceans - 5 Dives - 1 Planet. 1. Mariana Trench, Pacific Ocean; 11,033m/36,201ft; 11°21'N, 142°12'E 2. Puerto Rico Trench, Atlantic Ocean; 8,605m/28,232ft; 19°50'N, 66°45'W 3. Molloy Deep, Arctic Ocean; 5,608m/18,399ft; 76°N, 2°30'E 4. Diamantina Trench, Indian Ocean; 8,047m/26,401ft; 35°S, 104°E 5. South Sandwich Trench, Southern Ocean; 7,235m/23,737ft; 55°40'S, 25°55'W
- PlanetSolar: First Solar Boat Expedition Around The World Apr 14, 2011•.kml The goal of the PlanetSolar team? Be the first to circumnavigate the globe in a “solar” boat, i.e. one powered by a silent, pollution-free electrical engine, driven exclusively by solar energy. Project founder is the Swiss Raphael Domjan.
- Centennial Light Bulb Oct 19, 2009•1 placemark The longest burning Light Bulb in history was first installed at the fire department hose cart house on L Street in 1901. Nowadays it can be visited at the fire department of the City of Livermore near San Francisco. The bulb received various awards from its Centennial achievement and is also listed in the book Guinness World records.
- Hughes H4 Hercules "Spruce Goose" Apr 06, 2008•1 placemark The "Spruce Goose" is a very heavy flying boat designed and built by the "Aviator" Howard Hughes. It's the largest aircraft ever built but unfortunately just a prototype. The construction of the plane was featured in the film "The Aviator" (2004) At the moment the plane's home is the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon.
- All Concorde airplanes on Google Maps Feb 11, 2008•18 placemarks Most airplanes on the map are outdoors. The Concorde was the first supersonic passenger airliner that operated commercially. It was introduced in 1976 and retired in 2003. All in all only 20 aircrafts were built for two airlines: Air France and British Airways.
- The World's largest Swimming Pool Jan 30, 2008•2 placemarks Location: Algarrobo, Chile; Length: 1 kilometre, Capacity: 250.000 m3 water; Construction time: 5 years; Costs: 1.34 Billion Euro