This is a public group - everyone can add entries! Sign in
Aug 29, 2010
How to Make the World a Better Place! www.wikihow.com/Make-the-World-a-Better-Place
38 entries published
Group Admin: Administrator
Sign in to write on the wall...
- I Have a Dream Aug 28, 2013•2 placemarks Today is the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther's "I Have a Dream" speech, which was held on August 28, 1963 at the Washington D.C. Civil Rights March.
- HOME - featured movie locations Mar 12, 2013•28 placemarks We are living in exceptional times. Scientists tell us that we have 10 years to change the way we live, avert the depletion of natural resources and the catastrophic evolution of the Earth's climate. The stakes are high for us and our children. Watch the film here for free: http://www.youtube.com/movie?v=jqxENMKaeCU&feature=mv_sr Photos of HOME: http://www.yannarthusbertrand2.org/index.php?option=com_datsogallery&Itemid=27&func=detail&catid=110&id=2300&p=1&l=1280&lang=en GoodPlanet Foundation http://www.goodplanet.org/en
- 2011 World Solar Challenge Sep 09, 2011•7 placemarks Build a car that runs on the power of the sun. Prove it works... drive it across Australia! Darwin - Adelaide, 16-23 October 2011
- Rainbow Warrior Wreck Jul 03, 2011•1 placemark On July 10, 1985 the "Rainbow Warrior", flagship of the Greenpeace fleet, was destroyed by an French Secret Service team in the port of Auckland, New Zealand to prevent the activists from protesting against nuclear tests in French Polynesia. Fernando Pereira, one of the activists, got killed. Two years after the incident the Rainbow Warrior was given a final resting place at Matauri Bay, in New Zealand's Cavalli Islands. It became a famous destination for divers.
- International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement Jun 03, 2011•1 placemark The headquarters of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent (ICRC) Movement are located in Geneva, Switzerland. The movement was founded in 1863 by Swiss Jean Henri Dunant (1828 - 1910).
- Amnesty International headquarters May 28, 2011•1 placemark Amnesty International is a Non-profit, Non-governmental organization which mission is "to protect human rights". It was founded on May, 28 1961 in London.
- PlanetSolar: First Solar Boat Expedition Around The World Apr 14, 2011•.kml The goal of the PlanetSolar team? Be the first to circumnavigate the globe in a “solar” boat, i.e. one powered by a silent, pollution-free electrical engine, driven exclusively by solar energy. Project founder is the Swiss Raphael Domjan.
- World Economic Forum Jan 29, 2011•1 placemark The World Economic Forum (WEF), founded in 1971, is an independent international organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. All annual meetings are held in Davos, Switzerland.