This is a public group - everyone can add entries! Sign in
Jul 31, 2010
All about Microsoft Corporation www.microsoft.com
5 entries published
Group Admin: Globetrotter
Sign in to write on the wall...
- Microsoft Silicon Valley Research Center Mar 29, 2010•1 placemark Microsoft Research Silicon Valley is located in Mountain View, California. It was founded in August 2001 and now employs about 65 researchers. Their research work focuses on distributed computing and includes privacy, security, protocols, fault-tolerance, large-scale systems, concurrency, computer architecture, Internet search and services, and related theory.
- Microsoft's first Headquarters Feb 01, 2010•2 placemarks The Historic Microsoft Headquarters are located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Microsoft Inc. was founded here and remained in Albuquerque from 1975 to 1979 before moving to Seattle. The plaque on the rock (Streetview) reads: Microsoft Inc., housed at this site from 1975 to 1979, was founded here by Paul G. Allen and Bill Gates, whose passion for technology and vision of "a computer on every desk and in every home" led to the development of Microsoft's groundbreaking software. Paul Allen and Bill Gates would like to acknowledge the important role that the city of Albuquerque played in the company's early development, offering an environment that stimulated creativity and encouraged entreprenurial spirit.
- Experience Music Project & Science Fiction Museum Oct 21, 2008•1 placemark The Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum is located in Seattle. It was designed by Frank Gehry and opened to the public in 2004. The founder of the museum was Paul Allen (Microsoft).
- Bill Gates' house Jun 27, 2008•1 placemark The house of Bill Gates - founder of Microsoft - is located in Medina near Seattle in Washington. It's nicknamed Xanadu 2.0 (adapted from the fictional estate in Citizen Kane).
- Microsoft headquarters May 05, 2008•1 placemark The headquarters of Microsoft Corporation - the world's biggest software developer - are located in Redmond, Washington.