This is a public group - everyone can add entries! Sign in
Jul 30, 2010
Famous museums on GLOTTER.
17 entries published
Group Admin: Globetrotter
Sign in to write on the wall...
- Porsche Museum Stuttgart Nov 27, 2013•1 placemark Eine virtuelle Street View Tour durch das Porsche Museum.
- Ellis Island National Monument Dec 30, 2009•1 placemark Opened on January 1, 1892, Ellis Island became the nation's premier federal immigration station. In operation until 1954, the station processed over 12 million immigrant steamship passengers. The main building was restored after 30 years of abandonment and opened as a museum on September 10, 1990. Today, over 40 percent of America's population can trace their ancestry through Ellis Island.
- Olympic museum Aug 26, 2009•1 placemark The Olympic museum is located in Lausanne, Switzerland. It is operated by the International Olympic Comitee.
- J. Paul Getty Museum Jul 09, 2009•2 placemarks The J. Paul Getty Museum(s) are two museums in Los Angeles. 1) Getty Center in LA (Western art) 2) Getty Village in Malibu (art from ancient Greece, Rome, and Etruria) The museums are operated by the Getty Foundation. Admission is free!
- New Acropolis museum Jun 22, 2009•1 placemark The New Acropolis museum opened on Saturday 20 June, 2009. It represents the cultural heritage of Greece.
- Walt Disney Family Museum Apr 08, 2009•1 placemark The Walt Disney Family Museum tells the story of the life and work of Walt Disney. It is opening in Fall 2009 at the Presidio in San Francisco. The museum is operated by the Walt Disney Family Foundation.
- British Museum Apr 06, 2009•1 placemark The British Museum was established in 1753. Sir Hans Sloane, a physician, naturalist and collector was the key person behind the museum.
- Computer History Museum Mar 16, 2009•1 placemark The Computer History Museum - Where Computer History Lives - was established in 1996 in Mountain View, California.